If you're looking for a gourmet luncheon menu, you've come to the right place. When you're planning an elegant luncheon, select from a variety of gourmet foods to make the occasion seem all the more special.
Planning Your Luncheon
Luncheons provide a perfect background for all kinds of celebrations, including bridal showers, baby showers, charity events, wine tastings and community service forums. The type of luncheon you are planning and the people you invite may help you determine what types of foods you will provide with your gourmet luncheon menu. Other considerations include:
- How many people will be there
- Special dietary needs of any of your guests
Gourmet Luncheon Menu
The following are menu item suggestions for a gourmet luncheon. Mix and match from the items included.
Appetizers are small bites that you can serve prior to the meal as people are gathering and socializing. You can even host a tappas or small bites luncheon that features mostly appetizer-style foods. Some appetizers that work well with gourmet luncheons include:
- A cheese platter makes an excellent, low-fuss appetizer. Choose a variety of cheeses and serve with crackers, baguette and grapes. Brie en croute makes a cheese elegant appetizer.
- Stuffed mushrooms also make an elegant appetizer. Try these escargot stuffed mushrooms.
- Seafood lends itself ideally to small bites.
Fruit or vegetable salads make an elegant start to a meal, a delicious side dish or a light meal. If you plan to use a salad as a meal, include some type of a protein. Salads to consider include:
- Caesar salad
- Waldorf salad
- Salad of mixed greens
- Warm spinach salad
- Mixed fresh fruit salad
- Fruit or crudité platter
Soup also serves as a great start to a meal or a main dish. Bisques and cream soups make especially elegant dishes, and chilled soups work well for warm weather occasions. Try any of the following.
Elegant main dishes for luncheons include:
The right dessert can provide a sweet finish to your gourmet luncheon. Some luncheon desserts you can serve include:
What you serve to drink may depend on the types of foods that you serve at your luncheon. You can serve red or white wine, coffee, tea, juice, soft drinks, mineral water or flavored water.
Putting it All Together
Try these sample menues.
Menu #1 - Winter meal
- Stuffed mushrooms
- Mushroom bisque
- Beef Wellington with spring green salad
- Pinot Noir with the meal and French press coffee for dessert
Menu #2 - Summer luncheon
- Brie en croute
- Waldorf Salad
- Cream puffs
- Champagne or mineral water with the meal and coffee with dessert
Menu #3 - Harvest luncheon
- Butternut squash soup
- Black truffle pasta & spring greens
- Pumpkin crème brûlée
Menu #4 - Light spring luncheon
- Seasonal fruit salad
- Baked Alaska
- Mineral water or soft drinks
These are just a few of the many ways you can make an elegant luncheon for your next occasion. No matter what you choose to serve, with warm hospitality and good conversation, your luncheon is guaranteed to be a success.